Thanksgiving is great time of year for everyone to reflect on all the things we are thankful for. But we know that as guys, it might not come as naturally. So, we’re helping you out this year by getting the ball rolling with our list of things we here at Oops Repair (and every other guy packing an iPhone) can truly be thankful for! So here are 7 reasons for iPhone thankfulness:
1. Face ID: As we approach the holiday season, we are once again forced to interact with family. Some of them are good and others, well…not-so-good. Let’s face it, some of our friends and family members can be downright nosey when it comes to our phones. They feel the liberty to grab your phone and start thumbing thru your photos, texts and emails. What? That might be okay with your wife, but does Aunt Clara, whom you haven’t seen since last Thanksgiving, really need to see that you had to text home 10 times when you were at the grocery store picking up last minute items for the meal? Now with Face ID on the iPhone X, you can keep out the ones who know the passcodes and can fool fingerprint sensors! Man, even your identical twin brother won’t be able to hack their way into your personal information! Find out how to set up and use Face ID here.
2. Find my friends: Holiday shopping just got easier! Now you can divide and conquer that insane list while shopping with your friends or family – even in the busiest area on the planet during the holidays…the local mall. Last year that plan to have everyone go grab what they needed to and rendezvous back at the food court in 60 minutes was a disaster that quickly ended our holiday cheer when my wife didn’t show up and then wouldn’t answer her phone, probably because it’s stuffed deep in the recesses of that ginormous purse! Can you tell I really have no life experience with such instances? (Yeah…that was sarcasm). This year, I’ll be using the “find my friend” app to discover when she’s still in JC Penney on the other side of the mall thanks to the new and improved map details. I just have to follow the blinking dots until they meet and if I’m lucky, I might catch a peek at my gift too! Bonus perk: it kinda feels like I’m in a spy movie! The name is Bond, James Bond. Here’s the link for more info.
3. Talking Poop: Animoji (animated-emoji) will bring you tons of laughs with recorded messages that mimic your facial expressions and voice tones for a variety of animals, aliens, and even a pile of poop. For a full tutorial on how to send these hilarious messages to your family and friends, click here.
4. Deliveries Confirmed: Get the iOS-only “Deliveries” App and make sure all your Christmas presents make it where they’re supposed to on time. With tracking information from the USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL and more, you’ll always be notified if your gifts were delivered, signed for or undeliverable by your favorite shipping companies. Sorry Android phones, you’re going to miss out on this cool app! For the rest of us, get the app here.
5. Popping the question, flawlessly. “Ummo” is another iOS-only app designed to be your personal speech coach, tracking down the times that you use filler words and phrases like “umm,” “you know,” and the like, while also recording your pace, word power, and clarity. Tap on the mic to start and stop recording, and once you’re done, the app outputs the number of words spoken, pace and clarity, while also allowing you to dive deeper with a recorded transcript, with a record of specific filler words used, and a graph of your speaking pace. Users can configure their list of recorded fillers and add their own. The app supports US and UK English so even our bros from across the pond can use it! Make sure when you’re popping the question to that special someone for Christmas, you get the ‘ask’ “umm, just right, you know!”
6. Gift Card City. Sometimes adding new expenses gets you unexpected income! Have a new teenager that needs a phone? Is your business expanding and the new employee(s) need a new phone too? Adding a new line of service can score you big dollar gift cards at some of your favorite big box retailers. Buying a new iPhone at Walmart, nabs you $300 in gift cards per device. Opening that new line of service at Target, gets you $250 in gift cards. Costco and Sam’s Club are also offering deals for new iPhone purchases. Check out their websites for all the details or a list of other deals here.
7. Photo Backup Aids. Products that make it easy to get more space on your iPhone when all those photos from the holidays eat up your storage is definitely something to be thankful for. Items like the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive allow you to simply plug it into the lightning port of your iPhone, move photos to it, and get back to taking more videos and pictures of your family during your time together. It’s an incredible stress-eliminating product. And taking on the role of photographer / videographer for the family festivities will keep you from having to take out the trash, walk the dog or watch the entire Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade over and over again with the kids on your DVR! Find it here or here.
Do you have something to be thankful for with your iPhone? Let us know!