One of the biggest strengths of Oops Repair is that we use OEM parts in our repairs.
To an everyday Joe, that may not mean all that much. It’s even been reported that “some” people are willing to sacrifice quality for a part that is $15-30 cheaper. We don’t get it. You have a $600…$800…$1000 smartphone, and you’re going to buy a $50 part on eBay and have it installed by a dude that works out of his basement? Really??
Ok, I’ll leave the spirit of sarcasm out of this (which always has a bit of truth in it) and let’s dive into the facts about this topic.
First, I need to start on a reputable platform. I’m a guy that has had over 3 years experience in buying parts for iPhones, iPads, iPods and Samsung Galaxy phones from just about everyone. I didn’t know where to start either. It’s ok. That’s why I’m writing this…to tell you the TRUTH and help you skip over all the hassle of poor quality parts and repairs.
Off we go…The advantages and benefits of buying OEM parts and having Oops Repair install them for you too.
This blog will be speaking specifically on iPhone parts.
Front Screen for iPhones: Let’s be completely transparent…yes, you can buy a new front screen for your iPhone 6 from someone on eBay for $40…I just looked. But what is it you’re really getting? A $40 part…that’s most definitely a third-party part. What does that mean? It means that they are made by other manufacturers. Third party parts are not the same as original parts. They do not have the same standards or quality.
But wait! I see the $60 OEM part on eBay too…from a reputable seller. Not so fast tough guy! OEM is just a nice “buzzword” that good sellers use to draw people into buying their parts. Anyone that is making a part can technically be an OEM supplier…especially in China 🙂 So don’t let that be your deciding factor either.
I also see the $95 OEM iPhone 6 part on eBay. And you know what? That’s probably the legitimate part. That is very close to the price we pay for our parts. Real OEM parts!
Let’s take the time to dissect an iPhone front screen assembly (This is true for all iPhones):
- LCD – The LCD on a Third Party iPhone Front (on right in picture below) assembly will be discolored and have a purplish hue to it. They will glow funny and you will not have the ability to see true colors. They also are susceptible to dead/burnt out pixels after being on for only a few hours. OEM LCD’s (On left) have sharp distinct colors with the ability have true black and white in an image without distortion. They are much higher quality and have better heat dissipation across the entire LCD to avoid dead pixels.
- Glass – Third party & low-quality glass is not tempered or regulated to the same standards. It is more prone to cracking, and will shatter much easier than the OEM glass. And when it does crack or shatter, it will fall out, much like if you broke a window in your house. It doesn’t spiderweb and stay intact (like your original iPhone did)…it will be much easier to cut yourself. Third party glass is also not designed to work in conjunction with the digitizer (touch function) thus making the touch function more problematic, less sensitive, and down-right annoying! OEM glass is tempered, won’t shatter and fall out in big chunks. It is MADE to work with the digitizer and your touch is as smooth & responsive as it should be. (OEM on Left; Third Party on Right)
- Earpiece Dust Shield – Third Party is non-existent. OEM Parts include the earpiece dust shield.
Other Parts for iPhones: Same is true for other iPhone parts, you can buy third party…be it the buttons, speakers, rear glass assembly, and all the internal ribbon cables. They aren’t the right color, they don’t fit right, don’t function or actuate as smooth, don’t sound as crisp, don’t include the needed adhesive, etc. Bottom line…They just don’t live up to the originals!
Installation by Oops Repair: So now that you see the value in buying the right part, let me tout the the value in having your part installed by us.
- We actually use the same new OEM parts we just mentioned above…made by the SAME manufacturers used in iPhones, iPads, iPods and Samsung Galaxy.
- We have fixed THOUSANDS of iPhones. We are pros and know what we are doing.
- We Save You Time – We GUARANTEE all iPhone broken screens are repaired in 60 minutes…and most are actually done in less than 30 minutes. Most people who try repairing their phone themselves can easily spend 2 – 3 hours. Go grab lunch and come back to a shiny new, working iPhone.
- We have the part in stock. No need to wait for the part you want to be shipped to you.
- We Help Avoid Stress – Most people get stressed, frustrated and start yelling at their significant other/kids/friends/pets when they start to repair an iPhone on their own. They lose screws, accidentally clips cables, or make things worse than when they started…and it doesn’t quite look right or work right when they are done. Let us handle it…and you go be stress free because we make sure that:
1) All is accounted for – At Oops Repair, we will install every screw back (in the right spot) that we take out! (For an iPhone 6 Front Screen Repair that is over 30 teeny-tiny screws!). We get iPhones in where people tried themselves, or had it done somewhere else, and half the screws are missing! Each screw is important…otherwise they wouldn’t be there!
2) You have full functionality – Accidents happen, and internal cables get cut, clipped or torn. (Trust me I know this all to well) We promise that your iPhone will walk out working the same, or better, than when it came in. We will repair any mistakes, that we may make, free of charge, and be upfront and honest about it when you pick it up. If we break something, and we can’t fix it, we will replace it for you with a device of equal value.
- Price – We have the best price in town, and we openly post it on our website. We will meet any competitor price…that has the same claims we do.
- Warranty – 6 months, FULL PARTS AND LABOR, on all our repairs.
- We are honest – No games, no hype, just truth. We will let you know if we can fix your iPhone or not.
- You have a comfortable place to sit and wait with FREE Soda/Water, FREE Coffee, FREE Candy, FREE Wifi, Magazines, TV and friendly staff.
- Our customers love us and you will too – Check out our Customer Testimonials on Facebook.
Most of what was said above also goes for iPads, iPods and Samsung Galaxy parts.
If this was helpful at all, please comment below. I’d love to hear your feedback.
– Josh, owner of OopsRepair